Headaches and Migraines
At their most mild, headaches are annoying, but at their most severe, headaches can be debilitating. Did you know that headaches are actually the third most popular reason that adults seek chiropractic care? The results of chiropractic care to treat chronic migraine headache have been studied in several clinical trials with favorable results. According to Migraine Treatment Centers of America, a systematic review of 21 different studies found that patients who received chiropractic care for migraines once or twice a week for eight weeks saw a reduction in migraine symptoms. The primary outcomes improved by chiropractic care were migraine frequency, intensity, duration, and quality of life.
Treatments for Migraines and Headaches
To relieve your symptoms and decrease the frequency of your migraines, your chiropractor may do one or more of the following treatments:
- Spinal adjustments to improve spinal function and alleviate blocked nerves
- Nutritional advice including supplement recommendations
- Evaluate posture, ergonomics (work postures) for improvement
- Heat and ice treatments
- Massage to release tension and toxins
- Strengthening and stretching exercises you can do at-home to relieve tension and discomfort in your neck and back
Our chiropractors at Northern Nevada Chiropractic will coordinate with your primary care doctor or migraine specialist to ensure collaborative care and treatment. Our goal is to get you out of chronic migraine pain without drugs or surgery and want to ensure we are approaching your treatment plan holistically.